Milton Elementary, a West Virginia School of Excellence, is a PreK-5school of approximately 700 students, located in eastern Cabell County, West Virginia. The town of Milton is the home of the Cabell County Fair, West Virginia State Pumpkin Festival and Blenko Glass.
Milton Elementary is a 21st Century Learning community dedicated to the success of every student through rigorous, relevant instruction and meaningful relationships.
We believe that:
1. A safe, nurturing and inviting environment is conducive to learning.
2. To be effective in a global society, everyone must understand and respect individuals and cultures.
3. With high expectations, quality services and support, ALL students will have the opportunity to achieve.
4. Through rigourous, relevant instruction and meaningful relationships,teachers will actively engage and motivate students.
5. Students share responsibility for their learning.
6. 21 st Century technology integration is essential to teaching and learning.
7. Learning is enhanced when school, family and community establish relationships, share resources and support mutual goals.
8. Open and honest communication builds supportive relationships that strengthen our school system.
9. Parental involvement, at Milton Elementary, increases student achievement.